There are considerable advantages to using a virtual model for design: It makes the design more transparent, it highlights defects at an early stage, it provides an optimum basis for discussion and it promotes a shared understanding between all parties involved in a project. At OBERMEYER, we employ a model-based working method from which we derive quantities from the model and then link costs and deadlines to that model.
Cost and deadline targets are dominant factors in any building project. The design of buildings can be optimised with the help of model-based investigations of variants at early stages. BIM models help us to back up our design work with comprehensive, high-quality and reliable data in order to validate possible solutions and to minimise potential risks associated with a project.
Our portfolio in the building sector extends from urban developments to special-purpose buildings, for example, the healthcare sector , extending to include interior design, structural design and building services design.
Our design teams engage in dialogue with various disciplines to merge different functional, structural and technical aspects from individual sub-models to create comprehensive, linked overall models. In this way, other requirements such as coordinated design, noise abatement, fire life safety or energy efficiency can be simulated, visualised and optimised.
Based on our methodologies, we can create lasting, low-maintenance and cost-effective buildings.
Our specialist services include:
- As-built models for existing buildings
- Creating a BIM execution plan for the project
- Building simulations and the evaluation of variants
- Model-based design coordination
- Clash detection
- Value Engineering based on BIM models
- 3D visualisations, creation of QR codes of 3D spaces
- Virtual reality viewing of our design by our clients
- Deriving quantities from these models as the basis for tendering
- Use of space databases for operational planning
- Creation of Schedules of Finishes based on BIM model data
- Planning handover to Facility Management with parameters adapted to suit usage
- Recording of building data in the database for various certifications such as LEED, WELL and DGNB
- Creation of competition models – capable of providing parameters for evaluation and comparison on a competition scale